terça-feira, 1 de julho de 2014

Homework III - Verb To Be


Exercises fixing

1 - Make sentences. Use Is/ Isn’t or are/ aren’t.
Example: A ball/ round
Response: A ball is round.
a. The Earth/ round.
b. Banana/ red
c. Bananas/ yellow
d. Air/ free
e. Airplanes/ slow

2 - Spend sentences to interrogative and negative form.
Example: She is a very good student.
Response: Is she a very good student?
                     She isn’t a very good student.
  1. Andrew and Tania are brothers.
  2. He is studying English literature.
  3. They are walking on the street. 
  4. I am playing game on the laptop.
  5. It is getting out of control.

3 - Say on the verb tense and form of the sentences below.
  1. We are reading a poem.
  2. Ane was helping her mother when I arrived there.
  3. He is a good basketball player.
  4. Will you be home when I arrive?
  5. You were the most important person at that time.
  6. I'm going to be there tomorrow without fail.

4 - Preencham os espaços em branco com as formas mais adequadas do verbo "to be" no futuro.

a. I'm______ be there tomorrow without fail. (will, going to)
b. ______you be home when I arrive? (will, going to)
c. Are you________ be a father? (will, going to)
d. He's________ be here for two weeks. (will, going to)
e. They_______be the best players of all time. (will, going to)
f. ________we be angels when we die? (will, going to)
g. Is she_________be your next patient? (will, going to)
h. I_______be there for you if you should need me. (will, going to)

5 - Preencham os espaços em branco com a forma mais adequada do verbo "to be" no passado.
a. Jane___________helping her mother when I arrived there. (was, were)
b. You__________the most important person at that time.(was, were)
c. I__________speaking badly of you. (wasn't, weren't)
d. We__________really worried about her. (was, were)
e. I think it__________like I expected it to be. (wasn't, weren't)
f. Jane believes they__________sleeping when it happened. (were, was)

6 -  Complete the sentences with am, is, or are.
a) I ____________ a student.
b) My parents ___________ great people.
c) My sister ____________ very pretty.
d) Her cousins ___________ musicians.
e) His uncle ____________ at the movies.

f) My sister and I ___________ best friends. 

(Alguns exercícios são do site que citei na primeira homework)

Um comentário: